Colombia has so much to offer for intrepid travellers: a to-die-for Caribbean coast, stunning colonial cities, rugged National Parks and fabulous diving and snorkelling.
The variety of experiences in Colombia is endless, from exploring the mysterious ruins of Pre-Columbian archaeological sites to tasting world-famous coffee while staying at a traditional hacienda. Or trekking to windswept beaches or wildlife spotting in the remote Amazon.
Colombia is the next big thing in South America, visit now before the rest of the world catches on to this fantastic destination!
– December to March is the peak season; book ahead for hotspots such as Cartagena.
– Visit Caño Cristales from July to November to experience the explosion of colours in the river.
– Flaunting a wealth of colonial architecture, UNESCO World Heritage-listed Cartagena de Indias is utterly beguiling.
– Bogota is a busy city with splendid museums, bustling markets and scintillating nightlife.
– Stay in a traditional hacienda among the Coffee Triangle’s verdant hills and acres of coffee.
– See the unique natural spectacle of the Liquid Rainbow when Caño Cristales bursts into colour.
– Discover the remote and rugged Guajira Peninsula, home to indigenous Wayuu communities.
– Visit the spectacular Ciudad Perdida (The Lost City) ruins near Santa Marta which are accessible only on foot.
– Experience the colourful Christmas festival of lights in Medellin, when the whole city comes alive with thousands of sparkling displays.
– A gentle amble from Barichara along the Camino Real is the perfect way to experience the beauty of the Colombian countryside at your own pace.