It didn’t take too long to recover because we had such a wonderful & relaxing trip that we arrived home really feeling refreshed. The trip was wonderful, and we all agreed that there were many highlights.
We would like you to know how impressed we were with all of the Contours Team, they never missed a beat, everything was totally smooth sailing and that is because of all of your great organising skills and the team on the ground couldn’t be more helpful & happy.
*We were blown away by Machu Picchu and the mountains- even more awesome than I imagined. Definitely the highlight of the trip for me.
* We didn’t fall in love with Santiago & 3 nights was probably too long for us there. But we absolutely loved The Singular Hotel- a great suggestion from our travel specialist Ben!
*Cusco and the Monasterio were wonderful. Loved the community & history of Cusco & the Belmond is one of the most beautiful hotels we have stayed in.
* Sacred Valley and the Tambo del Inka were lovely- probably not enough time to fully enjoy everything on offer.
* The Palacio del Inka rooms were very disappointing. We had a small motel type room with plastic doors.
*We would have loved the tours not to focus solely on Inca history. If you have more than one tour it seems you start to hear the same information over & over. We would be interested in modern life too or pre Inca history.
* The train………. Bliss! We all declared ourselves to be train travellers after such a wonderful experience!
* Arequipa is so beautiful and just not to be missed.
* We just loved the people of Peru.
All in all a great South American experience. Thank you, Ben, I will definitely be recommending you & Contours