The Galapagos Islands are one of the most remarkable destinations in the world and a must for wildlife enthusiasts. They are easily accessible with a 2 hours flight from mainland Ecuador.
There are two main different ways of exploring the Galapagos Islands. Either by Cruise around the Islands or on an island-hopping itinerary.
Each alternative provides different experiences. The cruise allows travelling to more remote areas as you sail while you sleep whereas an island-hopping itinerary gives more flexibility and is usually more affordable.
When it comes to comfort and budget, both alternatives have a wide range to choose from. Deluxe cruise for up to 16 passengers, stunning safari-style camps or laid-back B&B if that is what you are after.
Please see below a short description on every island, all of them with different flora and fauna. If there is a special place you would like to visit in the Galapagos, please contact us to find out which of our cruise boats includes that point and in which itinerary.
The Galapagos Islands are a fabulous year-round destination.
– January to April are the warmer, wetter months. The islands are humid, and days can be hot, especially around noon. Temperatures range from 24°C-30°C with daytime temperatures up to around 29°C and the occasional shower.
– May to December are the drier, colder months. It is the time of the year where wildlife is at its best since most will be reproducing. The air temperature ranges from 23°C-28°C with July to September, typically experiencing more choppy and windy sea conditions.
– Española is the only place where the iconic waved albatross can be seen, visit between April and December for a chance to see their courtship display.
– San Cristobal is an excellent option for time-poor travellers, with direct flights to the mainland, a vast diversity of wildlife and some of the best snorkelling in the archipelago. What’s more, this is the only place in the islands where you’ll have the chance to see all three of the booby species in the same area.
– Love diving? For adventurous and certified divers ask us about adding the best diving sites within the Galapagos Islands during your cruise!