GET UP TO TWO FREE NIGHTS IN YOUR STAY AT EXPLORA HOTELS
A new opportunity to explore Patagonia, Rapa Nui, and Atacama. You can:
Stay 3 nights and pay for only 2
Stay 4 nights and pay for only 2.5
Stay 5 nights and pay for only 3
For travels by or before March 31, 2020.
explora Rapa Nui sits on a hilltop over the Pacific Ocean. Its award-winning architecture blends Easter Island’s unique geography and heritage with its vibrant present. The exclusive explora Rapa Nui hotel offers over 20 excursions to unveil Chile’s Easter island’s unique history and charm. They can be half-day tours or full-day tours with up to eight guests. Local guides lead the tours either by van, boat, bike, or hike. Explore archaeological remains, volcanoes, beaches, and cliffs or take a boat trip and snorkel the world’s most pristine sea waters.
The Posada de Mike Rapu lodge at explora Rapa Nui is a distinct building that offers 30 comfortable ocean views suites. The Posada’s intimate, TV-free rooms are designed to take full advantage of the silence and privacy of the surrounding landscape. The hotel offers a swimming pool, jacuzzi, and massage hut to provide maximal relaxation after your explorations. The building’s LEED-certified construction ensures its impact on the culture and ecosystem of Rapa Nui – the remotest inhabited island in the world – is minimal.
Contours Travel suggests a minimum stay of three nights to explore this area.
On arrival into Easter Island Airport, you will be met and transfer to Explora Rapa Nui.
Every day, you can choose easy to more difficult walks that, one by one, unveil the secrets and beauty of the island. These walks are combined with picnics on rocky outcrops or along the shore, always in mesmerising sites. The group size maximum is eight people, along with a bilingual guide who brings along all necessary equipment.
Choose the excursion that best suits you; explore on foot or by bicycle, for a couple of hours or a full day, gentle or more physically demanding . More extensive explorations include open-air picnics. Suggested excursion options include:
– The Moai Quarry: An easy hike along the trail once used to transport the Moai sculptures, with views of numerous overturned statues along the way. Climb to Rano Raraku for views over the volcano crater and its freshwater lake.
– Fifteen Moai: transfer by van to the spectacular 15 Moai platform and visit this awe-inspiring site. From here it is an easy hike to Ovahe Beach; return to the hotel by van.
– Snorkel: Travel by traditional local fishing boat to one of the designated areas best suited for snorkelling. See incredible aquatic fauna including corals, molluscs, crustaceans and tropical fish.
Spend another day in guided adventures, exploring this isolated and beautiful island. Suggested excursion options include:
– The Birdman Crater: travel by van to Vinapu and then walk to the edge of the Rano Kau Crater, for spectacular views of the ocean and the interior of the volcano. Walk along the crater to Orongo and visit the ceremonial site of Tangata Manu (Birdman).
– South Coast Bike Ride: a gentle downhill cycle through farmland, with views of the Pacific Ocean. Visit the ceremonial platforms of Hanga Poukura and the fishing cove of Hanga Tee.
– Islet Boat Ride: depart by traditional fishing boats to view the cliff formations and coastal caves of Rano Kau.
Transfer to the airport for your onwards flight.