At Contours Travel, we value privacy first and foremost.
This policy has been developed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Contours Travel recognises that your privacy is important to you. All of our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- Collection We collect your personal information to ensure we operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our products and services.
Generally, we collect personal information when you enter on our website when you request for a Brochure, Newsletter Subscription, Contact and Tour Enquiry. We may also collect personal information when you email us, write to us, call us or register with us for any services provided by Contours Travel.
This personal information may include your full name, agency name, phone and fax numbers, e-mail address and street and postal address.
We do not collect or hold sensitive information about you, such as your racial or ethnic origin, political position, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences or membership to trade unions.
In limited circumstances, we may receive personal information about third parties from individuals, when they book services with us and supply us with the personal information within that booking forms and quotes.
Our website www.contourstravel.com.au also records other information as well. This information is used to improve the structure and performance of the site and to provide users with an improved service.
Note on using our internet sites concerning ‘Cookies’
www.contourstravel.com.au uses “Cookies”. A “cookie” is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses our websites) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. Our websites may also store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent visits to this website.
- Information we may hold about you
We use the following information for us to undertake our functions and activities
- Your contact information. We will hold contact information you provide to us, including name, mailing address, phone number, email address when you request a Brochure, Subscribe to our Newsletters, Enquire for a tour and Contact us through our website.
- Your payment and invoicing information. We will hold payment and invoice information you provide to us, which may include credit card number, banking details and invoicing address when you book a service through us.
- Website usage If you use our websites, we record the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used, and the address of the referring site or email message.
- The site uses software to measure and collect information about its users. But, we will never make available your personal data that you have provided on our website to Third Parties.
- We will only send you marketing communications where you have actively shown an interest in our products and services. You can opt-out at any point in the future by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in all of our emails. We will only send you such messages about our own products and services and will not share your personal information with other organisations for their own marketing purposes.
- Other information about your interactions with us. When you contact us or we interact with you via our office, phone, fax, email or mail, we may hold that information.
- Social Media. When you contact us or we interact with you via Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn or Twitter.
- We may use your information in the following ways:
- Where you have provided us with details of a third party for the purposes of them being an authorised contact on your behalf, please ensure you have that person’s permission to share their information with us.
- To send you payment and invoicing information. We use your personal information for the purposes of finalising your payment/s to us and to allow us to send invoice/receipt and/or other financial information relating to your booking or other services you have requested from us. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail when we interact with you for these purposes.
- To respond to your inquiry or request. We use your personal information when you have emailed, phoned, faxed or written to us, to provide you with a response to that inquiry or request. We may respond to you by email, phone, fax or mail when we interact with you for these purposes.
- To monitor and improve our services and websites. We may use your personal information to monitor the effectiveness and to improve our understanding of you in general. We do this so we can make better-informed decisions about our services in general and the appropriateness of your benefits.
- Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to related or unrelated third parties in the following manner:
- To our third party service providers. We may disclose your personal information with a third party so that they can provide services to us including email management and mail out providers.
- To our fellow industry representative bodies. We may disclose your personal information to other industry representative bodies in Latin America.
- Where required by law, court or tribunal. Where we are required by a law, court or tribunal to provide your personal information, we will provide your personal information in accordance with the requirements or conditions stipulated by the law, court or tribunal.
- With your consent. Where we have your consent we may disclose your personal information. If your consent is conditional we will take reasonable steps to ensure such conditions are complied with.
We do not sell, rent or share our databases on a commercial basis to third parties.
- Information Quality
We will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, our collection and storage practices to make improvements to accuracy and security of your personal information.
- Your Personal Information Security
We require our employee to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records which contain personal information are stored appropriately and that access to those records can only be accessible to people within Contours Travel who have a genuine need to know your personal information.
We will review our security practices on a regular basis to determine if new and improved methods of storage can be achieved.
- Access to and alteration of records containing Personal Information.
You may access your personal information that we may be holding in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We will correct our records that contain your personal information as soon as practically possible, at your request in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We do not generally charge a fee for processing a request to access your personal information or amend your personal information.
If you would like access to your personal information or like to have your personal information corrected, you can do so by contacting us.
- Transferring personal information overseas
We will disclose personal information to our overseas representatives when you are travelling to ensure quality service and safety.
Please check this statement periodically for changes. Your continued use of our websites and services following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
- Contact us if you have any questions, complaints or require a copy of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions or would like to lodge a complaint about this policy or a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or you would like to request copies of the information we hold about you, please either call us, email or write to us. Contact information is listed below.
Phone +61 3 93288488
Toll-free 1300 135 391
Email* [email protected]
287 Victoria Street, West Melbourne, VIC 3003, Australia.
*Please do not include your credit card number or other financial or sensitive information in your emails to us.
This policy was last updated 8 August 2018