We all know that Peruvian food is simply delicious! Not only do they cook amazing dishes and desserts, Peruvians certainly know how to mix their ingredients to create masterpieces worth of tasting. Be bold this Christmas and try this special Peruvian Christmas Salad.
What you’ll need:
- 55 g of raw quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120 g sweetcorn
- 65 g cherry tomatoes chopped
- Juice and grated zest of 1 fresh lime
- 1 small bunch coriander roughly chopped
- 1 and 1/2 medium onions finely sliced
- 1/2 medium-large red chili chopped finely (Remember to remove the seeds to reduce spiciness!)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 25 g nuts: brazils almonds, hazelnuts, pecans and walnuts
How to cook it:
Rinse the quinoa until the water seems clear and add boiling water, stir regularly and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, put the sweetcorn into a dry frying pan (no oil) and place on a medium to high heat. Cook for 5 minutes and turn occasionally until the sweetcorn is toasted. Wash the cooked quinoa in cold water and then remove the moisture to dry it as much as possible. Put the quinoa in a large bowl and mix with olive oil, coriander, sweetcorn, tomatoes, onions, lime zest, and red chili pepper. You can season with salt and pepper.
Remove the avocado’s flesh and cut into thin slices, add to the salad mix along with the nuts and sprinkle with lime juice. Mix it all gently before serving and enjoy!