We know this is one of the biggest concerns when planning a trip to Mexico. Mexico City and other large cities throughout Mexico may have areas which are not safe or suitable for tourists. However, the common rules to stay safe apply just as anywhere else. Here are some tips to consider on your trip to Mexico:
- Ask hotel staff or your local guides which areas are not considered safe to walk.
- The usual precautions against opportunistic theft should be taken.
- Remember that it’s your possessions rather than you that are the target-
- Dress down, do not wear expensive watches or jewellery and only carry what you need for the day.
- Leave credit cards and excess cash in your hotel safe.
- Never leave valuables unattended, even for a moment, on the beaches.
- Stay away from lonely streets, at odd times, and don’t engage with locals if they are being hostile.
Protests are relatively common in Mexico and occasionally highways roads are blocked by protestors. In the event that this occurs during your stay, our local operator will review your itinerary and make the necessary changes in order to avoid problems or potentially dangerous situations.